Saturday, October 26, 2013

Quiet

Sometimes the world is very noisy for me, and I am a quiet kind of gal. Sometimes I need alone time, time to breath in fresh air and be able to hear my own thoughts. My business was crazy busy, as in possibly the busiest ever this last week, of course this is very good, it just makes me crave peace and quiet when I can get it!
I find this whole raising my kids on my own thing extremely rewarding, but also very tiring shouldering the stresses and worries on my own. I don't always like the kids visits to their dads every other weekend, it's a little chaotic for them, and interrupts our life, but this weekend this 48 hour break was welcomed. It's a "me" time kind of weekend, with plenty of fresh air and a chance to finish the book I'm reading.
Sometimes it's as simple as putting one foot in front of the other, and rembering to slow down, enjoy the now.
Reminders that I don't need to make any major life decisions RIGHT now, things don't have to change when you are in a good place, enjoy it.

Instead I thought about how practical my car is, and what an excellent adult decision that purchase was, that even if I get another "fun" car I need to hold onto this one. Made a mental note to call the guy to trim my arborvitae's. Damn, my sprinklers need to get done too, but instead of being overwhelmed like I was a few years ago, I've got it. So happy I have gained my independence, and I can embrace time alone with my dog in the woods.
I can't say there is any one thing in my life I would change, perhaps I would've listened to my instinct more when I knew my ex was lying, but then again it was a lesson learned, I have good instincts, ones that should be trusted. Life is a series of lessons and if we listen and learn things just continue to get better. We blossom and grow to our true potential. All this from a quiet trail run.
 

No comments: