Friday, October 17, 2014

Foot.Ball.

It's no secret it's not my cup of tea. So much so last year while Washington States own were playing in the Super Bowl, I was off hiking the Napali Coast in Kauai (going up a girlfriend and coming down a fiancé), the greatest Super Bowl in my book.
I rarely went to High School games back in the day. I had a great group of friends but never felt the need to "have to be" social. I was perfectly happy opting out to stay home and read. The times I did go I just have memories of drinking lots of hot chocolate trying my best to stay warm.
You get the idea, obviously the actual sport of football doesn't interest me either. Quite honestly other than my kids sports not many really do to watch.
Tonight my daughter and friend wanted to go to the HS game, so I figured it was my parental duty to go. As I was pulling out my puffy parka, wool socks, beanie and gloves it occurred to me why I really don't like football in particular. I hate being cold. I am cold all the time so the thought of sitting not moving for hours in the cold repulses me. Granted I workout all winter outside, the initial get my butt out the door is brutal but I am warm within minutes.
All dressed for this "game"
Pulled up, it was raining, dropped them off went the 1/4 mile back home, now cozied up on my couch, fire on, a good red in hand and a book waiting for the call to pick them up!
 

No comments: