Wednesday, October 29, 2014

This. Girl.

She is the most caring, compassionate, intuitive young lady I have ever met, and she's my daughter.
 
Each year I do a "birthday" hike, being an October birthday the weather is sometimes questionable. Two years ago we went to Valhalla with a lightly dusted snow trail (Made for some amazing photos), last year Lo, Rick and I did Minotaur and encountered roughly 2-3 feet of snow and only one set of foot prints before us, the last half mile (making a very long half mile after finishing the steep climb there), but it's always a gorgeous time, and Lo ALWAYS surprises me how good she is at it!
 
This year our numbers dwindled and it was she and I. I got on the WTA website and read recent trail reports from the previous days, coming across one for Lake Ingalls on 10/18 (we went the 26th), it reported some of the trees still had their needles meaning the gorgeous fall colors would be sure to please.
We went (long drive for us there), but this just shy of 9 mile hike did not disappoint, it was breathtaking the entire hike. We decided this hike was the journey, the lake (the destination) was nice to get to to take a break, but it was the hike itself that had us in awe.

I will say this was Lo's most technical hike yet, and she cruised right through it. Better than her mom! At least 1.25 miles is bouldering and following cairns, she lead the way both going and coming back, she is just amazing and a true delight to be with. Cannot imagine spending my birthday hike with anyone else!

Now LOTS of photos

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Spotting cairns
 
 
 
Lo way ahead of me
 
 

No comments: