Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Big Day

Is stillllllllll being determined. Bottom line is we are not in a rush. Rick has decided to come to Costa Rica with the kids and I this winter (insert smiley face) but feels this will ultimately push the remodel of his house back from the anticipated spring finish indefinitely.
I am more than ok with this, I don't want him to feel stressed or give up his time he needs to get outside and feel sane!  I love my house and neighborhood so much, this also eases the pressure and stress from me leaving it so soon.
I know people wonder why the kids and I can't just move in while it's going on. I don't want that for my kids. I have never bought a house that needed work or built one, because I Do Not enjoy projects of that magnitude (painting is fine). I have always believed my time with my children was more important than time spent remodeling (granted I have a very imperfect 1929 home, but I love it just way it is) Rick bought a foreclosed house many years ago, a great house, but it's in need of getting the downstairs (where my children will be) livable. It wouldn't be so bad with Lo but my son is a senior, I have enjoyed him bringing his girlfriend and friends over to hang out, they like it here and are comfortable. It's close to the school so it has now become the lunch time spot. I wouldn't take that away, or want to miss it!
As soon as we have a date we'll let you know, perhaps next fall, winter or the latest spring!

No comments: