Thursday, November 27, 2014

SEA-KEF

We left Seattle yesterday (Wednesday) at 4pm and made it to Iceland at 7 am Thursday Icelandic time (11pm home time). Not one to lose a day we checked in at our hotel, took a one hour (my timer was set) power nap took the city bus into the city center of Reykjavik and began our Icelandic trip. Today simply involved getting our bearings together, the layout for the city. Finding the hip and tasty coffee shops, and just takng it all in. Tomorrow morning we will return there for breakfast and a little shopping, then head out on an evening tour of hot springs and search for the northern lights.
Today was fabulous (other than bloodshot eyes and feeling tired, it's been a while since I've gone 38 hours without sleep). The coffee shops were great. We walked all over downtown Reykjavik went up the Hallgrimskirkja to get this view of the city
Gorgeous people everywhere. For blondes like us I certainly feel at home! Prices are high like I expected but not over the top. The kids and I do things on the cheap, we don't spend much on food and often find the cheap good eats. We did sit down for a late lunch/dinner, it wasn't great but it wasn't bad and it came to 3630 kroners which roughly translates to $29 US. Coffee was fair price, and stopped at a grocery for some snacks and it too wasn't horrible.
I'd write morebut will just post pics instead. I've hit the point where my eyes won't stay open.
It was 38 degrees here today but felt 29 the windchill from the water is cold!
 
 
 

No comments: