Monday, November 10, 2014

Finding Four Minutes

I love to blog, it helps me gather and organize my thoughts. Writing down the moments of our lives helps me stop and appreciate them. I've seen people's slightly passive aggressive comments about bloggers, and to each is own. You don't have to click on the link to a blog, that's why I love this forum. Ok in any case I haven't been able to find four minutes to blog. Life is BUSY, I don't feel overwhelmed, just busy and at the end of the day when I like to gather my thoughts, I've been opting for sleep instead.
I had grand plans last weekend to spend time blogging, but the weekend ended up a little crazy.
 
I snapped this picture of the boys, because I ahead failed to celebrate Kaisers 8th birthday 10/18
 
A few hours later at 10:30pm Kaiser was in emergency surgery with Gastric Dialation Volvus (bloat), his stomach flipped and twisted cutting off oxygen and blood supply, essentially killing him. Scary stuff, lucky for us the on call vet was quick to act, got him into surgery (he did lose his spleen but that's actually ok), and his now on the mend with a bunch of staples in his stomach. Thank you Rick for being so calm and incredibly supportive, Jake and Taylor for showing up, and my Mom for heading to my house at 11pm to grab Lo.
 
The kind of big stuff that is going on, is all my sons "last" for his high school experiences.
The last homecoming
 
His last XC meet
 
There will be more, today was "senior skip" day. I can't say I've gotten sad. I am now a firm believer life prepares you very well for every stage of your kids life, if you have the right outlook. I have enjoyed immensely raising this kid. I have loved being at everything and have no regrets to how my time with him has been spent. Now I am excited for him, to go out on his own and create the very life he dreams of. There are things/events in my life that have shaped who I am and how I live, that's what I want for him. That and to live life with a bit of passion, to be excited in whatever he chooses to do, where he chooses to live, and who he chooses to be with.
 
My little miss is doing well too. The girl is involved in everything. She is an ASB officer, and all their meetings and such are keeping her busy. She's just started an hour a week at the hospital volunteering. She does magazine/book delivery with a friend and really enjoys it. Along with our two hours a week at the humane society, and again that experience has been amazing.
I thought last year may have been her last year trick or treating, but she was all excited to go again this year. She invited a few friends and trick or treated the neighborhood and had a slumber party (thank goodness for the basement in my house)!
I will enjoy it while it last.
Life is good, feels good to find a few minutes to blog!
 

No comments: