Friday, May 22, 2015

And the Ball Starts to Roll

And just like that we found the perfect house.  Now comes the fun part (insert sarcasm), Rick is mid-reno on his home.  As in the ENTIRE downstairs.  Bathroom gutted, popcorn ceilings scraped and redone, window framing, new paint  and carpet through out, and some minimal landscaping....looks good (will post pics soon) unfortunately I am not much help at all, because this is the way things go, out of the last four years this is the worst possible few months to be doing any of this, for me.  I am trying to stay on top of my sons senior year, every meeting and award night that entails.  My daughter is in competition dance, and recital month, my business experienced the busiest week at the first of the month, doing 3 weeks of business in 1 week, while one of my main employees was in Columbia.  Coupled with the 3, 15k trail runs I signed up for way back when we weren't doing anything.  YIKES, but also so dang exciting.  This is finally happening!
My challenge is to stay in the game.  I have a tendency when I get uber stressed to get uber calm and just want to work on my vegetable garden.  Yep, my happy place, growing food, playing in the dirt.  It soothes and relaxes me, but maybe too much.  As we go further and things are more set I will post more details.

Just know after almost 4 years of dating this amazing man, doing what was right for my kids through out this time, I am VERY excited for this next step.

2 comments:

kristen said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics. :)

Jenni said...

Thanks Kristen, I'll post pics soon!