Friday, May 15, 2015

Mini Farm

Three dogs (a cat and a rat), it's a bit too much. I'm pretty sure I will never have this many again. It's time consuming, we walk Joey and Obie together, Kaiser can't run as much now but still has ridiculous energy so we go on park dates daily. All that being said, I love them all.
Joey has adjusted perfectly, he is by far the easiest dog I have ever owned. He's skittish and scared of people he doesn't know, but at home he is sweet, cuddly and playful. His favorite thing in this world appears to be the "kitty", first thing in the morning he always acts shocked to see her again! He has asserted his dominance over Kaiser, which is kind of sad, but cute.
Beyond all that, everyday he is a reminder of my friend Kay. That she trusted us to love him and give him a home. I look at him and I know we share her. I miss her daily, there hasn't been a day gone by that I don't wish I could talk to her in the morning. There's been so many changes at the hospital, and I so wish she were here to give me her advice. I miss updating her on Logan's happenings, or sharing with her my sons plans after graduation. She was sick for so long, but you would never have known how sick. Yet she was living everyday, and I mistakenly believed she would continue to be ok, then one day she wasn't, and before I knew it, or could say good bye she was gone. Somehow having Joey here makes all that saddness a little easier, we love him so much.
 
 
The rat pack (of sorts)
 

No comments: