Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Dream House

A little more on the moving on. Don't get me wrong I am excited, all these changes will be so good for my children and myself, and after the last few years we are very ready for these good things to come. However, I'm a little emotional. By all accounts I am in my dream home. I remember how happy I was with everything in my life when my Ex and I bought this place. Our kids were 6 and 11 and we could envision our next twenty years in this house, raising our kids and beyond. We bought this house in 2008, but had made a contingent offer on it back in 2005 when we fell in love with it. In 2008 we had a contingent offer on another house down the street, they eventually got an offer, the day after we lost that house we got an offer on ours and this one went on the market. It truly felt like it was meant to be. We were newly in our thirties, had weathered some pretty tough stuff together, made it through, felt better, stronger and more committed than ever. This house, our life, was our new beginning. We settled in and life truly fell into place. Our kids were happy, in great schools with great friends, we had met the most amazing bunch of people (thank God, because not sure where I'd be today without that group). Life was good.
A little over a year later a long legged brunette would walked in and turned mine and my children's life completely upside down.
For a solid two years after I didn't want to be in this house. The house that "had" held all our dreams, but because someone had to keep their sh*t together for the kids and be stable, along with having zero options financially to do anything else I had to stay.
Slowly and surely this house became MY home. The place I raised my children, where we started over. Where it was the three of us, creating our new life. I love this home. There's a lot of unfinished potentials I see in this home I won't get to see out, and that makes me sad. But this home has been so good to us, I will forever love it and hold it close to my heart. All that I learned, experienced and loved because of it.
It's bittersweet getting ready to stay good-bye to this old house.
Fall might be my favorite...

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I am so sorry for the struggles you have gone through, and thank you for sharing your story. The house you have pictured is truly gorgeous and I can understand why it is hard to leave. I hope that you can grow and love your new house just as much as you love this one. I wish you the best!