Saturday, May 9, 2015

The deleted blog

Sometimes I blog, for me. It helps me sort my thoughts, and process negative ones to move on. I had worked on a blog post titled The Other Woman, for almost two months. It is exactly what you think it's about. I should mention my ex husband and I are NOW in a very good place, in large part because of an apology along with the truth of what happened while we were married that lead to the end of our marriage. I appreciated this, and him explaining his side. What I still couldn't wrap my head around was, "her", she was a friend, and she had an affair with my husband, then lied, and lied and created even more lies. So I wrote a blog to process it. I wrote it and then periodically when I had time I'd reread, ask myself what I was trying to get across, edit and save, for two months. Saturday I posted it, for all of fifteen minutes, then took it down.
At the end of the day, I will never be able to understand why she did what she did, I will also never respect her, or be friends with her again. She stayed with her husband, and I'm am glad for him and their kids. Writing that post however allowed me clarity. It was hard to write, even harder to adequately put my feelings into words. There will never be the Other Woman post published. It will forever remain archived, because sometimes you need to write things for only your eyes to see. Then shut that door for good.

2 comments:

kristen said...

You are a strong and amazing lady. Thanks for sharing your life here.

Jenni said...

Thanks Kristen! By the way, do you have a new link to your blog?