Friday, December 26, 2008

day 6...who needs luggage anyways

We had a very relaxing Christmas. We spent the morning on the North Shore, came back to the Ko Olina for some afternoon beach time, then onto downtown to see the city lights. I had fond memories of the Palace and surrounding historical buildings being lit up for the holidays and it didn't disappoint 10 years later.
We took another trip down memory lane and went to Waikiki. By the time we got there it was dark, but I wanted to show the kids my old apartment on the corner of the Ala Wai and Liliuokalani. I loved that place and never once felt scared around there (but then again I was 19 and naive), but I have to say I was a little nervous walking down there with the kids. Lars reminded me that on that corner at any given hour there was always beer, weed, and hoes to be found.
Last day at the Ko olina


North Shore


A little Holiday cheer from the Islands

Today we flew to Kona and are now settled into our condo here. We have an amazing view of the ocean so we ate dinner out on the lanai while the sun set! We are told our luggage may be here tomorrow...we'll see.

1 comment:

The Hunter Family said...

You guys are a lot more positive than I would be... Hopefully it comes today. Did you hear about the massive power outage in Oahu yesterday? We missed you guys on x-mas. Cal needed Logan's help opening his presents.