Thursday, December 18, 2008

Spin Class

So a few more days to Hawaii...I think I'm ready, if not I will be when I get there! So this post is a little blip on spinning. Lars and I rented bikes on the Big Island for 3 days with the plan to do 2 25-50 mile rides and ride the Iron man course which is 112 miles. This is how we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary! Lars' sister Christa is going to join us on the Big Island and watch and lounge with the little children those days.
So to get prepared, since November we have been taking part in 5 spin classes a week. Four at the WRAC and one at Black Diamond Physical Therapy, each one so different. Now if you have never tried a spin class, I encourage you to try. At the WRAC the fortunate thing is the lights are down, because although not as much of an overall workout as running, I have never sweat so much in my life! You wear only breathable clothing, and embrace it!
Tomorrow however I am going for a different work out, it finally snowed and while the trail report says its been rolled and waiting for more snow, I am going skate skiing, then by Sunday I will be swimming in the ocean!

4 comments:

mary said...

I'm ready for a return visit myself! Have such a great time and Merry Christmas to you and the fam. I would love to ski sometime with you this winter!

Jessica said...

can i say you a crazy, but happy anniversary...its weird to say that i have known for at least a few of those years!
congrats
and have fun in hawaii

Jenni said...

Thanks you guys...Merry Christmas to you! And Mary anytime!

Amy said...

That sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your bike ride...it will be beautiful! I'm running a 5K tomorrow here in the tri-cities...they are calling for 11" of snow today....ack!!