Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Long Awaited Spring Cleaning

Had a little yard sale this last weekend with one of my Bff's, along with her boyfriend and some major help from my Mom and Sis!  For those that know me, I take very little value  in material items.  As a result I typically don't buy things that don't serve a real purpose, nor do I hold onto things.  I currently have a house that is much too large for myself and the kids (in my opinion), as a result it has become somewhat of a storage unit.   I don't like clutter, so off it went.
This was the most fun and successful yard sale I have ever had.  So much stuff I have wanted to haul to the dump became others treasures.  It was also symbolic in a way.  I had been storing someone else's stuff that "he" didn't want either....so I sold it.  I was careful to  sort through  personal belongings or things of sentimental value so they  didn't get tossed, but the rest out it went!   A purging of sorts of a life that once was but is no more.  And goodness did it feel good!
I say cheers to fresh starts!
We weren't the only ones making $$, my daughter and her business partner in the lemonade/brownie stand

I think this liitle guy sold them a few extra cups just looking cute!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Cheers to you, Jenni!!