Monday, June 27, 2011

Run, Bike and Good Beer!

My dear friend is leaving next month for PA school in Atlanta, before she left she wanted to run her 1st Half Marathon.  Since I decided to do Winthrop Marathon in September I thought this would be a good kick start .  So we decided to do Pacific Crest in Sunriver, OR (keep in mind I didn't realize until the week I left Sunriver sits at 4600ft).  I have some good friends that moved to Bend last summer, and they let us stay at their cabin in Sunriver (HUGE thanks to Doug and Erin).
Ready to run 13.1 miles

Finsihed!  I set a personal PR of 1:45:06 and Katie and impressive first with 1:44:48

We even got to see our friend Sarah finish the half iron triathlon....she rocks!

Felt so good the next day we decided to bike to Mt Bachelor...just a 21 mile climb to the top

It was breathtaking!

Epic ride!
After two pretty amazing days, we spent Sunday night in Bend and enjoyed the Bite of Bend, and later went to a great brewery called 10 Barrel!  This weekend was such a wonderful treat!

No comments: