Monday, August 19, 2013

Living, Loving, and Laughing

Thoroughly enjoying these last weeks of summer. Lo and I have made a point of having lots of "girl" dates. My sons been gone with friends...again, and I am just sensing with all the changes at Lo's dads house, she's wanting some special "her" time. I LOVE it, she and I are chilling homebodies in the evening. Lots of baking, and watching Gilmore Girls. She did say we are a lot like them, only I'm not as funny...ouch.
Today I met up with a strong, beautiful single mommy friend for an open water swim. Our girls swam, and we did, my best swim to date. It was super choppy, but we did it, never once panicking, it felt wonderful. Perhaps it was the environment, doing the thing I set as a goal a year ago, knowing how far I have come, in the presence of another strong woman (both physically and emotionally). Had a fun girl lunch date, then an evening of Eat,Pray, Love to finish out our girls only night! 

No comments: