Sunday, August 4, 2013

Savoring Alone Time

Rick and I took off for the weekend to the Methow. Sort of as a belated anniversary celebration, last year we biked the San Juan Islands, but this year with my race the weekend before, and vacation and his race this week, we just decided heading to our favorite place for the weekend was just what we needed. It's simple, beautiful and an easy get away.
We've been looking for property, the idea of spending more and more time here, extending our weekends, holidays with our families, it's what we both want. I think we've found we've found the perfect spot, we'll see!
For cyclists out there I road a ride I hadn't been on before that was a real gem. We road from Mazama to Winthrop via Wolfcreek road, wonderful! I am not much for the road riding up here, because the hwy is so busy, but if you have a cross bike there are so many wonderful back roads that connect Mazama to Winthrop and Winthrop to Twisp.
Dropped Rick off for the Winthrop Fondo this morning and drove back to Mazama to a trailhead to go for a run. I enjoy a group run or ride once in a while, but I really love running solo, especially on the trail. There is nothing more relaxing than getting your heart rate up, sweating, listening to your breath and nature and being alone with your thoughts. I know of some people that never venture alone, perhaps it's an insecurity, but once you do it's absolutely liberating.

No comments: