Monday, September 9, 2013

Amazement

This girl amazes everyday. She loves to act, dance, perform anything on stage. Physical activity, is not so much her thing....but she's actually quite good at it. She plays volleyball, and is an awesome hiker, which she enjoys and exactly why the kids and I do it together. However biking is another story, she's never had a real desire to do it, and I don't push it. I get it, she's the youngest and everyone is faster than her so she's constantly struggling to keep up. Our local market is having a kids century challenge, basically if the kids ride the loop 10 times in the two months they will have completed a century. I asked her if she wanted to do this, she surprised me and was all for it!
We went for the first time yesterday and it was really important to her that Rick was there. I think this set us up for success for the whole challenge. He helped her up the hills, encouraged and talked to her the entire loop. She'd ask questions about shifting and pedaling, he explained in a way that she understood, it's how I feel when I ride with him!
She had such a good time, she and I went again today. Her confidence was soaring, she even surprised me several times along the way, I loved every minute of being out there with her. I thought it was kind of cute too, the first day we took our time and did it in around an hour, today she wanted to beat it, made it in 50 minutes, she was so impressed with herself!
Way to go LILO, I love my girl!
 
There's another catch....gelato after every finish
 
 
 

No comments: