Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bits of Happiness

We are loving the start of fall weather. My old house is opened up so we have fresh cool air coming in. My house is a fall house, I love my home during this time of year!
We got a little snuggles in with Emmie this weekend as we celebrated Oma's 87th birthday!
My son finally had a home xc meet. My favorite sport to watch, I love it. He's had a bit of a disappointing season so far (disappointing himself). His times just aren't what he feels they should be. He was really hoping this meet things would change. His goal for the season was to be one of seven to go to Portland for the nike pre nationals (he's been running the 8th or 9th spot on the team), it's not for sure yet but he feels this meet took him out of it. It's hard as a parent to see your kid disappointed, but I know the lessons that come with it. My son is talented, he is better suited for longer distances but as an athlete myself I know with a strong work ethic you can get there, and meet your goals. Although this was something I didn't learn until adulthood, so for now he knows the tools are available should he ever choose to try to work harder to improve (my coaching friend has offered to help), he has my full support however he does, I just want him to enjoy it, the experience with this great group of kids, and do the best he can!
Lo has completed four times around the loop, 40 miles towards the completion of the kids century challenge. I have been so impressed with her enthusiasm to do this. I have to say I thought I was going to dread having to do the loop all these times, but I have loved it. It's been a very special time for us. Have loved our afternoons together, her setting the pace (usually faster than I would guess), I am just savoring it!
I managed to get in a very long run on Friday. My boy can't really do anything over 8 so I ran solo the first part but grabbed him to run in Our favorite spot the last 5 miles! He's approaching his 7th birthday next month, and what a great dog he has become. I miss running the full distances with him, and I know he misses it, but I will take what I can get as long as he's still able to go!
 
 

No comments: