Sunday, September 15, 2013

Scenes

From a trail run! One of the most beautiful lakes around is Colchuck,  only downside (for me) is no dogs are allowed in the Alpine Lakes region .    Colchuck is doable as a trail run, with the exception of the last mile to the lake is a bit steep (if you want an easy, but pretty trail run in this region Eightmile Lake is great). I had a friend that has never been and it really is a must do if you live around here (most people hike it, with my kids I always hike, just not that patient without them and really enjoy running it) so we went.
I will say kids of any age really can do this, Lo's first time was when she was 5, and she's been several times since, however she like most kids, by mile 3.5 are asking when it's done, it just gets a little long for them....both ways!
 
Taking off
 
Enjoying the view
 
Friend at the lake
 
Bonus treat, a mama and her baby
 
 

No comments: