Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hours in the Day

I don't know if there could ever be enough hours in the day to spend with this girl. The love for your child really is unexplainable. Filling your heart so full it almost hurts. My kids bring me so much joy, I feel beyond privileged to be their mom.
My son has been away at YL camp, so the little miss and I have been enjoying some girl time together. Our time is not spent shopping or spending money, it's not with electronics (which I know very little about, yet they
seem to know everything about), it's time together. The most relaxing time is outside.
She heads to leadership camp tomorrow morning, her first camp away ever. It's a lot harder for me than I imagined, I'll miss her so much, but at the same time I am so proud of this girl. Her spirit, confidence, positive attitude always and willingness to put herself out there. She earned this spot at camp running for an ASB officers position. While most of next years officers will be 8th grade she will be 7th. She's a tad nervous, but also excited and so for that I put on my big girl pants, suck up my tears, and get excited for her.
Yesterday I maximized our whole day, and a good portion was spent enjoying the Icicle River in a double tube together.

This is what it's come down to (and another example of the electronics thing). We DO NOT share the same taste in music, (with the exception of Brandi Carlile) she saved up her babysitting money for her special headphones, likely so she can listen to her music while I listen to mine in the car!
My bathing beauty
We thought about getting pedicures, but this was clearly the better idea
That's my friend Jenn behind us spending her birthday with her son, she's kind of cool like that!

2 comments:

kristen said...

I just love the relationship you've built with your children! You are an amazing Mama!!!

p.s. can i ask the source of your cute hat? love it!

Jenni said...

Hi Kristen, I thought I had responded already, sorry! First thank, but I think being a Mom we get to have this amazing experience.then the hat, one of my favorite little online stores from a couple in Spokane http://shop.thegreatpnw.com enjoy!