Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Happenings

We're still here. So busy. Lots of really good things happening! Without going into too much detail because I'm ready for some shut eye. Wedding, we've narrowed dates and places down further, VERY excited to marry this man! Houses, we have two, we're lucky, however we live in two places, not together! We thought we had decided sell his, he move in here until we find our perfect house, then rent mine. We've looked, and looked and even stepped outside of our designated search area, even to East Wenatchee (crazy), last weekend after looking at more houses, more lots (I'm fairly against building), we ran back to my house and decided we love both of our houses more than the stuff we could potentionally buy and STILL have to put money into. Plans have been under way to get Ricks house sell able, but as it started this week we've decided to make it our house. I am super excited, his contactor is amazing and the next several months I am very excited for! There's trimming and framing going on now, February is what we've set for drywalling, then bathroom remodel and carpet, and spring the backyard deck (probably the part I am most excited about, I love outdoor living space). Logan is REALLY lobbying for the pool (empty and cracked now) to be redone and filled, kind of thinking that might be nice! Hopefully by the end of spring we will be in there and renting my house out!
As for the kids and I we are really trying to squeeze as much summer as we can in, lots of hiking, swimming, water slides, floating the River, the lake. I am exhausted! Love summer, but because I am a working mama this means to get any running or work outs in I have been getting up at 4:30, then to work by 6:15 and home for a full afternoon, some cases when the kids aren't with me I return to work in the evenings. Needless to say by 8 pm I am exhausted! I feel blessed to be able to have that flexibility, but there is a small part of me that will be excited for school to start and I can have my afternoon workout window when the kids are in school back!
In photos!
Low clearance on a raining day made for a muddy Bassett
Water slides
Combining fun and workouts. Took the kids to Chelan so I could open water swim, then we played in the lake and enjoyed a nice lunch date at my sons favorite burger joint.
Loving these little (well not so little) people in my life!

No comments: