Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Jetset

I have yet to regret any trip I have taken with my kids. Not once have I wished for more material items in the last few years. I am frugal. I don't spend money very often on myself or home, I save for travel. Best decision of my adult life yet.
Here and there I car shop online, then I add up what six months of car payments would be and realize I'd have to give up a trip here or there. Just not yet ready to.
This weekend we set off on Virgin America to L.A. to stay with my friend Claire in Seal Beach, pretty much the greatest beach town. Located between Long Beach and Hunnington Beach, and close to everything.
First Virgin is my favorite airline. My first trip with them was shortly after they opened, I had been patiently waiting. My ex and I flew to visit Claire and loved it. They almost always beat Alaskas prices to California, have great service and free satellite tv at every seat.
Second Luke has been begging to house sit, scary! It was a test, if he passed later in the year he could do it again OR he would be coming with me to Lo's dance competitions. He did great, and I look forward to him doing it again, my dogs, cat and rats were in good hand.
And third, it is always a treat to visit with Claire. We met back at United Airlines training center in 2000, and became crash pad roomies (flight attendant speak for a bunch of people sharing a small apartment, some permantly live there and the others commuters), I think we've managed to see each other almost annually the last 14 years. Through ups and downs, divorce and deaths, I love being around her.
And last L.A. is a really great place (when you have someone that's grown up there and shuttles you around), so sharing this side, away from the theme parks with Lo was wonderful.
 
This is Winky (she only has one good eye) we fell in love with her.
Can't say it enough but she is the BEST to travel with
 
Just driving to dinner in CA
 
Newsport Beach
 
A little Hollywood before it was time to catch our plane
 
 
 

No comments: