Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Camp Life

I'm happy to say I survived another camping trip. Once again I actually really enjoyed it......after we got there.
The days leading up were "slightly" stressful and I couldn't hep but wonder why I hadn't just rented a condo on the beach. Like I said I love camping once I am there. I love sleeping outside, cooking outside, hours in a camp chair reading, and of course s'mores, but getting myself and two kids ready, is a chore. Shopping for enough food and trying to guess what we will have for meals each days, then making sure we have all the proper utensils, plus foil, lighters for the stove, enough napkins, plates, ect. Then the clothes, we were heading to the Oregon Coast, where the highs were predicted of 67 lows of 57. Now try coordinating between two houses where we left what gear, camp box, tent and sleeping pads were at Ricks, bags at my house, coolers both places. We had planned to bring bikes but in the end only brought Lo's because we had the truck packed to the gills. Along with all that I have the normal coordinating of getting my house and animals ready for a house sitter, and shopping for supplies for the stand to make sure it's good for the days we are gone. Funny though, even with all that we've made plans for two more camping trips next summer.
A few pictures highlights
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We made a spot on the way out to the Goonie House
 
And a detour to see Mt. St. Helens. I have lived in Washington state most of my life and had never seen it other than from a plane
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: