Sunday, October 4, 2015

Children in the Mountains

Ok I have a major thing for feeding my soul in the mountains. This fall has been too amazing not to.
I saw this a few days ago, it spoke to me

I can't explain how much I miss my son. Granted he didn't move away, but he is 18, graduated from High School and attending college, technically an adult, making his own choices. This summer he took every advantage to be with friends, meaning no hikes with his Mom and little sister, when he went it was with friends to places they had never been. There's a whole bag of mixed emotions that go into that, I miss him with me, however so proud of him for choosing to share these places, as well as being capable and competent.
Today meant so much to me to be out there with my children. I had gone up and summited Labyrinth, which happens to be right beyond my favorite shorter hike to Minotaur, a couple weeks ago on a clear day and it was amazing. Something I had to share with my kids. Both have great endurance and as far as technical ability both are much more capable than I am, so I knew this would not be a problem. It did not disappoint.
Quick stop at Minotaur for a picture
View of Theseus
And our annual selfie, in the same spot
View from the top
My son added a little art to the summit book. Also a good part to point out my Ex went with us. I won't elaborate too much other than it seems like a small act of God that we can hike together with our kids now. Emotions and feelings removed, we now parent our two kids. I welcome this, as do the kids. It's taken five years, of working through anger and hurt for me, and him owning up to his actions and apologizing, while we both worked towards this co-parenting business together. Rick of course is ALWAYS included on these adventures. I respect him immensely and if he's not comfortable with my Ex going it doesn't happen.


Heading down
Minotaur
Succes

No comments: