Friday, October 23, 2015

Transportation and Broadway

First thank you to those that sent messages about the travel post, I love traveling and if I can offer any tips I will. Just please keep in mind these are my own personal preferences based entirely on what I like!

One my quick post on NYC, then I have so much more to write about!

Transportation:

First when going to NYC figure out where the activities you want to do will be taking place from, and stay nearby. However there could be something everyday in all different parts, then it doesn't matter. Walking is my first choice of transportation. I like being outside in the hussle and bustle and seeing everything. Again, we do daily Broadway shows so Time Square is by far the most convenient for us.

The least expensive and by far the fastest is the Subway. Do not fear the subway, if this westcoast girl can figure it out anyone with a smart phone can too. I use to use Stop Hop but couldn't find it this trip so downloaded the NYC Subway MTA Map and Route Planner, I won't go on about this, look it up yourself, but it works and better yet it's super easy!

Taxis, are my least favorite, only because I get car sick. Every time. From the airport to Manhattan is $50 plus the toll. It's convenient, but that's it.

Uber, is my new favorite. We did uber a car to go to the 9/11 museum. You load the app on your phone ahead of time, with your credit card info. When you are ready for a car look up the app and see the uber cars in your area, select where you are going. It will send you a text, mine said our car was a black Camry, driven by *^# and would be arriving in 6 minutes, you can watch your car approach and the route they chose once in it. There is no exchange of money, you get out and get an email with the rate your CC was charged and rate your driver (this is their tip).

BROADWAY

This is what we saw this time

Our list is fairly extensive as to what we've seen so I'll break it down a bit and organize good for kids, good for adult, what not. If it has an * means it's currently not on Broadway.

Kids: a few of my favorites I've seen that kids any ages would love. Matilda, Annie* Wicked, Lion King

The whole family: Finding Neverland, Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys, Kinky Boots (if you don't mind transvestite content, the story is very good)

Adults: Spring Awakening (adult for the content), Rock of Ages *(great music, sexual content), Book of Mormon (very funny, very inappropriate)

Other mentionables. I love Les Miserables, this has been on my list forever. I know the story and music by heart, for me it was amazing to see. It is long 2:55, I could see if you are not that familiar with it it might get a little boring.

Chicago, I personally think is a classic and if you find yourself with extra time or a cold evening it's well worth it.

Phantom of the Opera. This was my original one I saw, I still love the music, but find it a little boring now. However I think it's still good.

 

No comments: