Thursday, October 1, 2015

Homesick

It's fall, my absolute favorite time of year. Temperatures are perfect, colors are changing, beautiful sunrises. However, I have a tinge of homesickness for my old house. It was the perfect fall house. Old mature trees that needed the leaves rake. I miss the sidewalks in my old neighborhood and the tree lined street a block south, all littered with different colored leaves. I miss setting up fall decor. All my decorations are currently living in a friends garage because there is no room for them here. I miss my bed and the heavy comforter and blankets piled on me. My heart actually aches missing these comforts of my old home.
I miss having grass and a garden to tend to. .
I miss opening the windows throughout the house, and being curled up in this room on the comfiest of couches with the fire on.
I miss my books. Not that I had reread many of them, but I love books and I loved this space in my house. Each book, mine and the kids and each memory that went with them.
I miss this cozy room of hers. So light all the time, small but truly perfect.
I miss my super small "master" bathroom. I have no idea why, but I miss it. Maybe it was me...
I miss the perfect blue in this bathroom

I miss cooking in the kitchen and everyone cozied up chatting.
I really miss my son and his friends hanging out here. I loved this space, not because it was beautiful, but what it represented. It was the place all throughout high school the kids would come.
I know in time, when I can actually unpack and make a home again, the homesickness will go away. I also know this move is truly worth it. Just right now feels very interim, my daughter and I are a guest, and because this house is forsale we are not able to really "live" in it.....Come on St. Joseph, help this house to sell soon!

No comments: