Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Family Life

While I may have some aches for my old home, I am very happy, and easily settling back into family life.

When I was thrown, into single motherhood my sole priority was my children. How could I fulfill both roles, be present with them each and every moment, for them to never feel the loss of being raised by only one parent as well as provide finically as they had been. Truth is you can't, no matter how hard you try. There were so many times when extreme fatigue would win out. Juggling too many things. My girlfriends always planned get together or birthdays on Wednesdays around my schedule (I've mentioned before but I will forever be grateful to those ladies), running took place at 4:45 am Before work. I became a master scheduler and every window in the day was accounted for. However it NEVER felt ever like a sacrifice, instead I took pride in what I could accomplish. I even started to enjoy this new role. I became fiercely protective of what I would allow into mine and my kids life. I can reflect now, and in a way see it was by far one of the best experiences in my life. I am stronger, more competent as well as confident in my capabilities, something that perhaps lacked in the past.

Five years later I am now living with my daughter and the man I will soon marry and spend the rest of my life with. When I get home sick for the physical house I left, I think of this man at home in the morning with my daughter taking her to school after I've left for work. My heart literally swells. I use to hate heading out the door at 6 leaving her to eat her breakfast and get ready alone, sucked. Last night I finally went to Yoga, something I haven't been able to make time for in my schedule because I wouldn't leave her in the evenings, but she was home with Rick. He helps me so much. My daughter loves it. It's a welcome treat to get in bed and talk with him about the day, to go over plans face to face rather than text, even to plan dinners together. Having that family life again feels familiar and so good......

 

No comments: