Monday, February 17, 2014

Details

Here you have it! A few questions I keep getting asked. Always first is the ring.
Then "did I know"? No, it was a complete surprise. Rick and I had gone away at the end of summer to the Methow and talked one night about our future. There was no doubt in either of our minds of where our relationship was going. We would one day get married, when the time was right. (After going through a hard divorce, a few years ago, I never saw myself getting married again, then again I never thought I would meet someone that would value all that comes with growing and evolving together. Rick made that idea and commitment beautiful again).
We had a magical first date, we had a memorable first "I love you" a few months later in Mazanita, OR. I knew that one day Rick would ask, and I knew it would be perfect. I knew he would give me that memory, to have this prefect moment of saying "yes" to a committed life together. I just didn't know if it would be anytime now or the next ten years!
 
Only one person knew, my daughter. She has known abut this since he started thinking about the ring, back in November. I had no say or idea about the ring. To have someone know me so well, and have made the most perfect ring for me, AND share this experience with my daughter, no words to describe truly how touched I was.
 
Hawaii is special to us. We have been three times in the last 2.5 years. Kauai has long held a special place in Ricks heart, and when I had gone with just Lo in 2011 I fell in love instantly. Everything leading up to 2/2/14 was memorable and touching, he is one thoughtful and patient man. Very proud of my uber sweet girl for her part in all of this too,
 
Date: we haven't set one. Nor do we know where. We are simply enjoying this moment.....very much! My daughter has helped me get started on Pinterest so I now have a wedding board and daily I have about ten pins sent from her of ideas. I love it, I love just taking it all in. I love getting excited with all of it and sharing that with friends and family. Next up and engagement party, because why not?!?
 
 

3 comments:

Kristen said...

ooooh, my goodness! Your ring is gorgeous! Rick did an amazing job!! Are those stones sapphires? Way to go, Rick! :)

I'm excited to hear about your wedding planning - so sweet that your daughter is helping. Love that.

Jenni said...

Thank you Kristen! I think he did amazing. They are actually blue diamonds, because blue is my favorite color!....I don't think my daughter would have it any other way ;)

Kristen said...

Blue diamonds!! Oh.My.Goodness!! It is just breathtaking! Your daughter and Rick are two peas in a pod :)

p.s. are you on Instagram? if so, I'd love to find you - I'm @4lovesthesun

Thanks for your nice words about our house hunt - we've always lived in really old homes. In Wenatchee we were in an old Colonial, which I loved. (924 Highland Dr, by the hospital), so looking at newer homes is taking some getting used to ;) But, yes, you're right, they are all nice and bright! Love that.