Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Funks and Desires

Ok, I'm in my annual (perhaps semi annual, or even quarterly running funk). Truth is I love working-out, outside. This year I've gotten plenty of time in on the bike (with the exception of the three weeks I was patiently waiting for my broken hand to heal and was on the trainer), I got to trail run into January, then started Nordic skiing and snowshoeing. I've even enjoyed swimming twice a week, it's just the road running (without the sun) that does not get me excited.
The solution is to decided on a race, so I actually start training. I originally planned to do Boise 70.3, not because I have to,or have anything to prove, but because after last years 70.3 I loved it and would like to do one again......however my other passion is traveling.
That's me...ALL the time. I love everything about travel, everything! The problem is balancing the two. The kids and I are gone at least once a month from now until August. Crazy, but also very exciting. Needless to say trying to fit a trip to Boise to race the first part of June, is a little difficult, so I have decided to combined our Bend vacation with a race. Which means I need to start applying myself a little more on the run.....dang.
I had gone snowshoeing yesterday and loved every minute of it, I REALLY did not want to run today. A little trick I do when I feel completely unmotivated, I make myself run to the track, easy enough 1.25 miles from my house, once there I talk myself into 400's, easy enough it's one lap at a time, with a 200 slow jog in between. Accomplished 8 of those, and honestly it felt great, slow jogged the downhill home, and was very pleased with myself!
This is not to say Thursday when I plan to run again I will be anymore excited, but one day at a time, and it will eventually come back again!

No comments: