Sunday, March 2, 2014

March 1st

March 1st, three years ago I faced a future of uncertainty, now it's a day to celebrate new beginnings.  That day three years ago was the hardest of my life. I walked into a court room with three of my best friends and lawyer, a dear friend as well. As the petitioner in an uncontested divorce I was the only one that needed to show up. My friends, voluntarily took off from their busy days to be there for me. I will never be able to adequately express what this meant to me. I remember walking through the metal detector and being overcome with all of it. My heart was racing and I couldn't breath, a full on panic attack and there they all were. My papers were stamped, my 12 year marriage dissolved. That was it.
Somehow in the hours that followed a lightness came over me. It was done, no more wondering, no more hoping, no more being disappointed, it was done. My friends and I gathered to say a toast to the future, met up with the rest of the girls. We laughed and cried through the evening. This was love, and I am lucky enough to experience it.
Fast forward three years. I am living life on my terms, supporting myself and kids and running a business. Appreciating and enjoying life more. I am with a man, that loves me for exactly who I am. My relationship with my kids was only strengthened through all of this. I continue to be in awe that somehow I met the ladies that are now my best friends. My life feels full and blessed, and I don't take it for granted.
I have always believed life is a series of lessons, ones we should learn from and continue on, improving along the way! Cheers

2 comments:

Kristen said...

God is good and faithful, isn't he? Thankful for that. Hugs to you today, Jenni!

Jenni said...

Thank you Kristen! And yes, it was comforting to put my trust in him, I feel as though this was his plan for me all along!