Monday, March 31, 2014

23 Hours

I've got this! My kids are back in less than a day, then we are off the NYC. I REALLY don't like when they have to be away. Fortunately for me the only time is Christmas and Spring Break, and we are almost through with that portion. I hate the ridiculousness of my kids sitting home alone at their Dads house, because they have to, when they could be fully supervised at my house. My coping:  exhaust myself! I am really good at this!
Friday we went to the Tri-cities because I signed up to do a trail run 3 days prior (after having my friends over for dinner and discovering they were doing this run, I figured why not). This run was awesome! I was a little apprehensive because I like to be prepared. I hadn't run much over 6 miles since last fall, and had just gotten back on our trails here, but as I've gotten older I've lost a bit of that competitive edge, along with just trusting the fact that overall I am in good physical shape and can do it. I love trail running and this was no exception. It was not an easy course, at all....a lot of climbing, but I love that. I love being in that environment. I love the smells, the dirt and good cheer of the other trail runners, plus at the switchbacks I could see my friend...both of us with huge perma grins on our face!
Rick got in a ride during the run with the cycling club down there, and enjoyed just hanging with his family after. It was a little treat! Yesterday, tired and sore I met up with my other friend, that commutes over here on the weekends because his fiancé lives here, but she works weekends....needless to say it makes for a great riding partner. We set out on my favorite go to ride, the Pinnacles! Just wonderful, now still tired and sore heading out again....doing the things I love, at the same time wearing myself out the time flies and it's a little less painful being away from my children.
 
And we're off
Two people I love very much! Way to go you two! (Scott ran the 50k....with a smile)
I
I love this man!
Got to ride out with this gal, it's been way too long!
As always a great day cycling in the valley!
 
 
 
Cheers to less than a day!
 

No comments: