Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Snot (yep)

This is a truly disgusting post, if  bodily fluids leave you queasy DON'T READ.
Somewhere early on in cycling I got in the habit of snot rocketing while pedaling. It's somewhat essential, if you're like me and have allergies, not to mention efficient. Gross yes, but such sweet relief. I am truly in awe of how many times I clear my sinuses while riding, each time breathing a little better!
This really is quite common on the bike and when riding with a group you practice common courtesy, if the need arises you simply drop back and blow ( I have been victim of being hit by a strangers snot in STP, PEOPLE, if you are riding with thousands of others, just assume someone is behind you).
Here's the problem, I am fast and smooth with the whole process, meaning this habit has now trickled in to my running, which for the most part is okay, because I run alone, or with my other female friend that does the same (there's a kinship in this habit). What's not okay is when I am running on a busy street just blowing away. I know a lot of people through the hospital, often driving the route I am running, yet I get so, lost in my own world and doing what's natural. To take it a step further I have found myself doing this when Obie and I go for a walk after dropping Lo off at school, this is utterly ridiculous! There you have it, my personal evaluation of the snot rocket, what is and isn't acceptable!
On a nicer more pleasant note, here's some photos from today's ride. I have got some fantastic rides in recently. Pushing myself to do more challenging rides (that's the way it goes, if I am slacking in running no excuse but to pick up the slack in cycling).
 
 
This is a gorgeous time of year around here!
 
 

No comments: