Friday, July 18, 2014

Books. I love them.

Everytime I contemplate getting an antenna for my tv, so I could watch tv, I look at my unread books I realize there is no time for tv in my life.  I do enjoy when Lo and I start watching a series together on netflix,  but that's it.  I love books, more times that not actual books too.  I've put a few on my kindle app on my iPad, but I like the feel and smell of the actual book.  I've read a few really good ones lately so I thought I'd share.

In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson.   This is a true story based on a history professor that is appointed the position of the US ambassador in Berlin as Hilter rise to power is escalating.    At times it was a little too detailed and a bit slow, but from a historical perspective very interesting.

The Paris Wife by Paula McLain  about Hemingways  first wife Hadley, a story of love and heartbreak.  Now I want to read about his other wives.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Wow, that's about all I can say.  A thriller in a way, with lots of twists and turns.  Hard to predict which is what made it fun.  I read it in two days, needless to say I was super tired at work

Orphan Train by Christina Kline. Another enjoyable read.  Based on events of this time period, which I had no idea this Orphan train even existed.  Fast, fun , informative read

Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ranson Riggs.  I read this because my daughter had.  Not the genre I would typically seek out, but ended up really enjoying to book, so much so I was glad to see they made a sequel!

I started Divergence because we have the series here, and was going to go to the movie.  Can't get into it.  It is meant for teens, but so was Hunger  Games  and I loved that, but I also think that might be a reason I'm not into this series, to soon to wrap my head around this after Hunger Games.....not to sure if I will revisit it in the future.

The Fault in our Stars by John Green. Another one I read because my daughter did and I wanted to read it before seeing the movie.  Beautiful and gut retching.  Loved it, but have your tissues handy.

Now I am reading Wild. So far so good!

No comments: