Wednesday, July 16, 2014

That Day...

July 16th, the first and my last first date.  I still think about that date, I think about the phone call July 13th (at Lo's swim meet in Cashmere) in which he called and we made plans to get together.  I remember him picking me up, I remember sitting at Eagle Creek having a glass of wine and an hour long conversation thinking...wow...I remember stopping at Eurosports to check out the new bike shop before heading to dinner (yes that happened and it was wonderful), I remember walking around while we waited for our number to be called for dinner, I remember after dinner, just not having enough of taking it in with this guy, still not believing my luck to be so interested in someone, that instant connection that went beyond physical, so we walked around barn beach, I remember inviting him in after when we got back to my house, I remember him changing my flat in the shop with our glass of wine (I got a flat in the race earlier that day).  13 hours that first date was.  I remember not wanting it to end, replaying everything in my mind as I lay in bed, not being able to sleep, because this was unchartered territory for me.  I had never experienced on a first date (and as I've said before, between my divorce and meeting Rick I did have some pretty awesome first dates), what I experienced July 16th 2011.

Three years, minimal disagreements , no breakups, no third parties.   Crazy normal,  in the best of ways!

Here's a few (and yes I narrowed it down) of some of our highlights.  Please this is sappy so feel free to check back tomorrow with my book reviews and avoid a beautiful love story!
Our first trip to Hawaii together January 2012

Both our first time to the island of Lanai


Celebrating our 1 year biking San Juan Island

Ok this is not Rick and I but this was on our first trip to Vegas together (2012), at Interbike, he was kind enough to take a photo of Mario Cipollini and myself, that's a secure man!

Kona 2012

Many moments like this

Cycling in another of our favorite places Methow


Just one of the many trips to Bend

Happiest Place on Earth 2013


Love him. Methow skiing

2/2/14 ENGAGEMENT day!  Kauai 2014

Mt Rainer 2013
This is only the beginning..............

No comments: