Monday, July 28, 2014

My Little Thespian

Here's a post I meant to get to last week, but getting ready for camping and then leaving civilization (well kind of) itself all came before the blog post. So here it is, 11pm after 9 hours of traveling home (actual destination time is only 6, but took an hour detour to see Mt St Helens and of course food stops). I am wide awake in bed, figured may as well make use of it and get this post up!
Since the end of June Logan has been rehearsing with the Wells House Players, Shakespeare in the park. This is her second year. They practice Monday-Friday 9-3 in Washington park leading up to three nights of performances at Ohme Gardens. I am always impressed with the group, Shakespeare is NOT easy. To perform it, is even harder. Lo struggled last year with comprehending what she memorized, which makes it difficult to perform. This year we she was more diligent in studying and had her lines down in the required time, only a week and a half out to replace a girl with a lead that quit. She has never had a lead, sure she's performed plenty but a lead in Shakespeare with only 10 days to learn all the lines. I had my doubts. She did not, I have never seen her take something so serious and work so hard. Her hard work paid of, at 12 years old she was truly a wonderful Julia of Two Gentleman of Verona. The cast was all about the same age, and all wonderful. Another memorable year in the books, and a very proud Mom!
 
Her loyal supporter
 
This was ne of her snapchats, I'd say they had fun
 
 

No comments: