Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Eve of the First Day

Today is the first day of school for my kids. For my son this is the last of his first days of school, WHAT THE HECK!?!?! Where did the time go? My daughter is starting the year with shaved legs, I may cry. I'll give the report later, but I am too emotional now!
So we'll go with our last week, Lo and I got back late Monday night from L.A, and hit the ground running. I've had all sorts of employee problems this week, leading up to letting one go (another post to come on this current generations work ethic). Lo also wanted to have her annual back to school party sleepover and water slides day. So we squeezed a day at the slides with the cousins Tuesday, sleepover Wednesday, friends at the slides Thursday, then my sister and I had our garage sale. That was a success, a few years ago when I sold off all the crap that was left in my garage attic, I swore that was the only one I would have. Well I think we are on three years running, and we're actually getting good at it. This year combine we made $900, selling nothing big just getting rid of stuff (although my sister had a ton of baby/kid clothes), I was left with only two boxes to drop at the goodwill and a couch and armoire I plan to sell this week on craigslist. So who knows maybe we'll do it again next year.
Then Sunday my man and I got away for a date to the Gorge (thanks Mom and Dad for watching Lilo). It's been years since I had been there and forgot how beautiful it is. We did have VIP parking and made experience even better. Brandi Carlile opened for Dave Matthews, both were amazing. However the air was UBER thick, woke up the next morning with a decent secondhand  smoke (remember this is Washington state) hang over. My cure for feeling crappy, Rick, Lo, Ian and Cal and I hit the trails!
Some highlights
 
The Gorge
 
With the love of my life
 
 
 
Icicle Gorge
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: