Friday, November 18, 2011

Downtown Living

Found myself with approximately 15 minutes of alone time.  I'll blog!  Went on a fabulous run today through the neighborhoods around here,  down to the loop trail and stopped for some weights at Golds Gym.  After taking the momtog class, I really felt like I should be running with my camera, so I could share what I saw.  Dang it I am just not coordinated enough to run and shoot!
I live a few blocks from downtown Wenatchee, and can't think of a better location at this point in my life to be.  Currently I am trying to sell this house and downsize, but I've found another house a block away!  I love being able to walk to anything (with the exception of Costco).  More importantly I love teaching my kids you don't need to drive everywhere.  Luke walks the 1 mile to school.  When we are not running around after school I walk the .6 mile to get Logan from her school.
I live equal distance between two grocery stores, both less than a 1/2 mile away, the  Framhouse Table (a must for great fresh local produce) is a quarter of a mile.  Having these so close, it's rare I buy packaged or pre made food.
The library is a quarter mile away (when you don't have TV this is handy for movie nights).  A park is right around the corner.  Work is 1.33 miles away.
Here's the big plus....all my favorite restaurants are a few shorts blocks away.  We walk to yummy food all the time.  Iwa, McGlinns, Shakti's, Garlini's and Taco Loco.
The only downside is the noise, which I am used to.  I am two blocks away from a major street that is the route to the hospital.....whats a few sirens?
In a way I have the best of both worlds.  I love our "city" living, but my boyfriend's house is up by  Sage Hills, it's so quite and peaceful there.   Deer congregate in his yard, you can see the stars so clear.  Brings a lot of peace to me, and makes me kind of think when life isn't so busy, being away from it all can be pretty sweet too.

No comments: