Tuesday, November 8, 2011

That Time of Year

I'm a little bit of a Ralph Waldo Emerson fan.  So much so when I was pregnant with Logan I wanted to name her Emerson ( it didn't fly with the ex).

As the weather changes, the mornings are brisk, and afternoons sunny, but chilly.  I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience"

The bike went on the trainer yesterday morning and out came the training DVD's.  I much prefer to be outside, but I have some plans for this winters indoor cycling that involve rollers, compu trainer and
sweating it out with my significant other.  I don't think it  will be all bad!
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes to get a run in.  Took off today for a great 9 mile run in a long sleeve wool running shirt, capris, gloves and ear warmers, felt great if not a little warm.  The downside to this is, I picked Lo up right after, took her to play practice, then onto raking leaves.  I think I spent 4 hours shivering, could not get warm.  Oh the joys of
seasons changing.  Soon I will be acclimated to it, and it will be time to move into skate skiing.   Can you tell I avoid gyms as much as possible?  I believe they have their place (I personally like Gold's), but I live here because of what we have outside!  Stay tuned for what I am about to embark on this weekend....


1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are SO inspiring!! I'm lucky to make time for a 30 minute work out! I've gotta change that!