Monday, November 14, 2011

A new life, a new way

If the last year has taught me anything at all, it's that it is OK to be out of your comfort zone.  There were the WAY big out of my comfort zone experiences, such as your husband walking out on his family, learning to single parent, run a business on your own, and for me one the most challenging ,taking care of this big old house by myself (couldn't have done that without some help from my Dad), but I can now say I can change light bulbs, air filters, fix broken railings, unclog every drain in this house, set my sprinklers, mow, and most recent learn how to blow out my sprinklers.  Every new thing (after the frustration) has been empowering!

Friday and Sunday I willing put myself  far outside of my comfort zone.  I went mountain biking.  I time trial, road cycle, and a little cyclo cross, but NOTHING was like this.  I was scared sh*#less a good portion of the time.  I am pretty sure I had the most patient teacher ever!  Our ride Friday took almost 3 hours and today I think it was estimated to be 3 1/2 but took 4.  I realized flat single tracks, with no doppoffs are ok, mud I can handle, rutted out roads, snow and ice suck!  I really don't know if I have what it takes to do this, but dammit I'm going to try!
This is what a patient man does.  Walks my bike uphill through the ice.

Somehow I ended up more mud on me than the bike!


On another note, I hope to start having better photos on here.  Took a great Momtography class hosted by Mary of MKCphoto.  Now I think I know how to use my fancy camera!  Thanks Mary!

1 comment:

**nicke... said...

you are superwoman! seriously!