Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful

This is the month we give thanks.  To myself each day this month I have picked one thing in particular that I am thankful for.  On Thursday there was a tragic accident at the High School involving one of Luke's friends.  My son unfortunately had to witness something no parent ever wants their child to see or experience.  I see the pain, confusion and loss of comprehension in his eyes, it breaks my heart for him.  That night Logan was at her play and I just hung with him, we talked and ate, and stayed up till 10, but the thing I was thankful for was his presence.
The hardest part about the divorce was the loss of every other weekend with them.  I believe being a parent is the greatest thing I will ever do in life.  You have one short shot at it, and  I want to take it ALL in. I want to kiss my kids every night at bed time.  I want to wake up each and every morning with them under my roof.  I won't have the kids this Thanksgiving, and have really been struggling with that.  The loss of Luke's friends makes me want to be with and cherish my kids every single moment.
I pray for the family, the staff at the High School, this boys friends and peers.  While doing so I am thankful I got to hug and tell my kids I love them today.

No comments: