Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Love and the Not So Much

I love impromptu Bff nights
The girls knew I'm having a hard time with the upcoming holiday, and not having the kids.  So they did what best friends do, came over and cheered me up!  We had to laugh because as the kids would come through the door, the others would all come up, get excited, hug each other and tell them they hadn't seen each other in "forever", it was the mini Bff's!  I know I've said it before but I hit the jackpot in the friend department!

Well and this is the "not so much"  it's time to do the indoor cycling thing....yuck!
I used to do the spin class thing at the WRAC, and while they are quite fun, the instructors seemed to always roll in when the class was supposed to start (a BIG peeve of mine) if I am going to take the time to drive somewhere I want a full hour of getting my you know what kicked!  Golds is a little better, and if you want to warm up you can get there 15 minutes before, but the workout STARTS when scheduled.
The not so fun, but better and more bike specific workout is the Carmichael Training Systems DVDs...NOT and I repeat NOT entertaining but it's a kick arse workout.  They range from 65-90 minutes.  I just bought Race Power, and good lord all hard intervals with very little rest (we're talking 60 seconds max), because "in a race you don't rest"!

1 comment:

kathleen c said...

I'm going to try and do a duathlon this year. I suppose I need to "get my arse kicked", don't I? Ugh. :)