Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful Weekend

OK I am done Blog venting! Phew!  Most of you know my kids are with me majority of the time, I adore my kiddos, and never in all the years would I have ever wanted to be away from them for the holidays.  That being said I ended up having a very special Thanksgiving.  I was welcomed into the most amazing family (my own being equally amazing).  I traveled with Rick to Spokane, to celebrate at his sister Lauri's restaurant, Commellini Estate (there's a pretty great story behind this gorgeous place too).   Thanksgiving is the time they try to get all the families together.  It was his Mom, 3 older sister's, their spouses and kids (and kids significant others).  Plus Lauri's husbands parents (they were too cute for words).  I met the sisters in September so it was great to meet up again.  I felt as though I have known them forever.  Such a gracious and loving family.  They get the importance of family and understood how disappointed I was to not have my kids there, and went above and beyond.  A very memorable Thanksgiving indeed.  Thanks McGreevy's , Seghetti's, Turpens, and Rick's Mom!

Pre dinner snacks

Italian cookies

The drive home Friday night

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Your pictures are stunning! I'm so glad you had a special thanksgiving!

**nicke... said...

i'm glad you had a great thanksgiving. your pictures are getting soo great! LOVE THEM!