Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beware of the Spaghetti Squash

I was curious with the CSA if I'd need to buy extra produce or the basic share would be enough for Rick, the kids and I.  For all of us it has been more than enough each week.  I've had greens left over each week, and this week I had onions, left over too.
That  along with my garden I am almost feeling like I have too much food.  Fortunately there's a few of us and we garden swap.  My one friends always has a ton of peppers, and my spaghetti squash is taking over a whole bed.  I had a bit of a problem with the birds and my lettuce early on, but Rick fixed that, now I have 3 regular heads almost ready, my romaine will be ready next week and the swiss chard is making a come back.....not sure if my bistro greens are going to make it.  I have four different tomato plants, cucumbers, carrots, one wax pepper,  and an artichoke (not sure if its going to work or not).   I missed growing food last year, it's good to be back!

This weeks CSA share

No comments: