Tuesday, July 31, 2012

6lbs 9 ounces

Spaghetti squash.  I think I've said before, I may have gotten a little too excited about growing spaghetti squash this year.  One entire raised bed has now been taken over by the squash....pretty sure my carrot, tomatoes and peppers are all thanking me for planting them in the other bed.  Anyways made a delishes dinner last night with this bad boy.
My friend gave me a hint on cooking the squash : puncture it all over with a fork cook on each side for 3 minutes (in this case it to 4 minutes on each side)
Cut in half, scoop out seeds, and fork it to get the spaghetti looking stuff.  Make a pesto (1/3 cup walnuts, 1 cup basil, 2 garlic cloves, 1/3 cup olive oil in a food processor)
Throw pesto and squash in a sauce pan with a little butter and more garlic, heat up.  Chop up a variety of tomatoes and throw in...YUM!

No comments: