Monday, July 16, 2012

The First Date...

A year ago I went on the best first date of my life.  Yes that's a BIG statement, but true.  I went on some pretty great dates last summer, but I feel like exactly a year ago I went on my last first date.  I won't share the details of the date, but Rick pulled out all the stops, add the instant connection we felt towards each other, it was truly remarkable.  I smile just thinking about it, but it didn't stop there.  We've continued to get to know and compliment each other.  Have new experiences together.  I have never felt this level of trust in a relationship.  I don't question how he feels about me, I know and I feel the same.  I didn't know something this good even existed.  He is a man of integrity, honor, compassion, empathy and so much more.  He has become my voice of reason when I need it.  It delights me to give myself to him, as he is always giving of himself.  I have learned what it's like to be in a loving relationship.  I was not broken, just my past relationship was.  I can trust, with someone who is deserving of my trust.  I can hope, dream and plan of a future with this man.....
I used to look at one of my best friends and her boyfriend at the time (now husband) and how they'd look at each other with such admiration and respect.  Anyone around them could see it,  I wanted to feel that, and now I do....!
Today I celebrate our year together.  I consider everyday I get to spend with this man a blessing.  Rick, you have enriched mine and my kids life more than I could've imagined.  I am the lucky one...
Happy first year of something great!  Looking forward to celebrating this weekend!
Xoxo
J


1 comment:

**nicke... said...

congrats jenny! you deserve all good things! xo