Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It Makes Sense

I read this quote a couple weeks ago, and have thought a lot about it.

"As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better" -Steve Maraboli

Very true.  It's funny how life evolves.  I have been thinking a lot lately about how amazing it is.  I have enjoyed (now that I look back) reflecting, thinking, figuring out ME, getting my priorities straight, and most of all taking time to experience life with the most important people in my life.

This trip gave me a lot of insight.  Flying back, I couldn't help but be happy at how my life is.  I feel as though for the first time in my adult life I am living the life I dreamed of, or at least feeling the way I dreamed I would feel.  I am an independent woman, raising my kids, running a business, traveling to all the places I have dreamed of sharing with my children, and in love with a man that I adore, and want to share my life with.

Two and a half years ago my husband walked out.  I couldn't possibly imagine at the time that it would be the best thing that ever happened to me.   A month or so later I got a message of encouragement from my friend Patti,  she ended it quoting Jeremiah 29:11.  Countless times I repeated it to myself.  Today I put something together,  when Patti sent that  to me I had no idea who Rick was, and it wasn't until almost a year later that I met him.  When Rick first moved to Wenatchee, over 12 years ago,  he and Patti became good friends, each are very dear to each others hearts, how fitting it was her to remind me to trust in the Lord, for he knows the plans he has for me,  plans to prosper and not harm me, for hope and a future.

I have also been thinking about what I enjoy.  Today I set out for an hour and half ride, got to Monitor and thought may as well go to Cashmere (Lo had play try outs, and I didn't need to be back), got to Cashmere and decided to take a right to do Stine hill, and from there figured I may as well ride to Dryden and come back the Pinnacle way.  2.5 hours later I came home.  This is what I like, riding, running, skiing, hiking because I enjoy it.  I like to be good, especially cycling so I can ride with the guys and not hold anyone back, but I don't think I need to race anymore.  I enjoy competition, but I no longer enjoy having certain workouts on certain days.  I  signed up for a HUGE race in July, kind of regret it, but I spent a lot (too much) of money to do it, so I will, but from there I don't believe I will race, unless its with a team for fun, or a running race I decide to do the night before.  What I want is to bike and hike with my camera and take amazing pictures to share.  Bike for hours if I want and not have to stop because it could effect the next days workout.  When I raced I did it because I needed that, perhaps I was compensating for something I didn't have, or wanted that order, structure...control in my life.  I know I exercise more when I am not training, because I enjoy it.  So after July, I'm done....at least for now.  I want to  be very present in the moment.

This is a blessed life.  Cheers!
Central Park.  I want more visits here.








No comments: