Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Perfect Long Weekend

Celebrating Lo's birthday with a weekend of Broadway was wonderful. I loved sharing this experience with the kids. No complaints by anyone, just enjoyed this experience together. It reinforces why I love to travel with them, why I want to expose them to all that's out there. It's not entirely for them, it awakens my soul, makes my spirit feel free, and truly appreciate the life I am living as well. We did all we came to do this trip, but we're already planning our return!
The four great, entirely different shows we saw. My son's favorite was Jersey Boys and Lo's Mamma Mia. We did buy all our tickets, except Lion King at the TKTS ticket box office for 40% off. All except Lion King were in the old small theatre's which is what makes Broadway so special. I don't think I can pick a favorite. I saw Mamma Mia in 04 and it was just as great this time around, Lion King was as amazing as the last time I saw it. Jersey Boys and Chicago were both new to me and wonderful! What can I say I love Broadway!

No comments: