Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Best Day

11 years ago today my 9lb 2oz baby girl entered the world.  Undoubtedly the most wonderful thing I have ever planned!  I tear up thinking about what a wonderful, sweet, kind hearted young girl she is.  She has always been a delight,  at 11 years old she still has that joyful innocent spirit.   She LOVES her birthday so much, this whole month is pretty much for her, but I always want to make sure she has that one perfect day. 
This was Lo's day:  Our annual lunch together at school, she picked bagels.  Brought the treats (by the way this deserves its own post, I made  a last minute frantic change to the treats).  When I walked to get her I saw she had flowers and a balloon in her hand, my parents had sent this to the school.  SHe was on cloud 9, she said to me "well, this has pretty much been a perfect day", I can't tell you how much this means to me.  I have two kids, that's it, so in my book there are 2 days a year as a Mom I am responsible for making that day ALL about them.
Her birthday dinner choice was the WOK then onto Blue Spoon for dessert.  Thank you to my parents for joining us and ALL you guys do for my kids all the time!  Rick, so happy you get to be a part of this and share in it with us, and thank you for making my girl feel special, and helping with projects.  They say it takes a village to raise a child,  it's true.  The more love a child can have, the better!
(P.S.  Thanks Hakensen's Lo got her card, she'll be sending you an email soon)
Next stop:  BROADWAY




This seems like yesterday, 2nd birthday

No comments: