Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Prepping

The little miss and I have spent the day getting our goods organized for our upcoming Mt. Rainer camping trip.  For as much as I love the outdoors, I haven't been a "camper" since I was a kid.  It's not that I don't love waking up in the woods, breathing in the fresh air, I'd just prefer to do it from a cabin.  This whole camping thing is a lot of work, not to mention for me it's been pretty expensive (I've been told it's a one time investment).  Fortunately Rick has pretty much everything, but I bought a very nice 750 down filled sleeping bag (this is where I wasn't willing to skimp) plus I needed to get the kids sleeping mats, and food, all I can imagine is my son eating all day!
It's not that I was opposed to it, but quite honestly I don't like being unprepared in situations.  Truth is I don't think if we were faced with a life threatening situation my Ex would've been able to get us out alive....after all we have an infamous story from the "attacking" pheasant  on the Icicle Gorge trail a few years ago.
Rick on the other hand has a long list, I was reviewing.  There are things like a hammer, tarp string, water filter, and a saw for peets sake!  I never would've thought of any of those, granted I have no idea what we need them for, but pretty sure Rick does....
All in all I am getting very excited, to experience this with the kids.  They unfortunately haven't grown up camping, with the exception of camping a few times in the parks near town.  Rainer is something I want them to see as well.  People come from all over the country to see it, and yet it's in our very own state.  Also looking forward to hiking with my camera, so hopefully I will have some fun photos to share......wish me luck, or better yet wish Rick luck!
Food and dry goods stocking up

My fridge has never been this full

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where are you camping at up there? We just went there last weekend...so beautiful. We want to go back and go camping sometime and do more hikes. We went on the Silver Falls hike and we loved it. Very pretty. Easy hike, only 2.5 miles there and back, but with the kids we needed kind of easy.

Jenni said...

Coni we're staying at a campground called Ohanopocash (pretty sure I just butchered the spelling), I have good friends that to there every other year and love it!

Unknown said...

That is where we were...do the Silver Falls hike, it's really pretty and easy too! We were thinking of camping there sometime soon. Let me know your thoughts when you get back! It looked like a great campground!