Friday, June 7, 2013

Sniff Sniff

Up until today I've been pretty excited for Lo to move on to middle school, after all I've been with a child at the elementary schools since my son was 5....11 years ago.  However today it kind of hit me, no more elementary.  I've spent every Friday morning working in Lo's classroom this year, and when I got to the school today it hit me that this was the last one, then I went on to be the class mom at field day, last time with this too.  Granted field day is exhausting, Lars and I have spent the years since our son was in kindergarten trading off who's year it is to volunteer, not exactly my favorite, but both kids have ALWAYS wanted us there, this year it was me.  It was bittersweet, glad that was the last time for that, but at the same time, it was the last time!
And YES it was the last time, I will throw this out there since I keep getting asked.  There will be no more little ones for me.  I realize I am in a relationship with a man that has no biological children, and would be an amazing father, but I have a 16 and 11 year old. He has many nieces and nephews, and I have little nephews and a niece soon on the way!  I am very happy with my life where it is at.  I will look forward (in the future) to being a grandparent and Rick and I will get to share that!

No comments: